ServiceIQ School’s Advisor Cass Clarke recently held an information afternoon for Year 12 & 13 students focused on the Hospitality industry and the great opportunity for continued training after school. The students found out about Cookery Apprenticeships, Food and Beverage, Catering and Level 3 & 4 Hospitality training programs based in the workplace.
Guest speakers, including current apprentices, talked about the industry and answered any questions the students had. The afternoon was well received full of honest and detailed insights as students gained a real understanding of the hospitality industry.
The guest speakers were:
- Chris Treacher / Sector Advisor for Hospitality / Apprenticeships
- Craig Sefton / Beat Kitchen Food Truck / Head Chef Fox Glove
- Brittany Godderidge / Intercontinental Hotel Current Apprentice
- Teresa Ipsilos and Ma’ ria Martin / Hospitality Teachers at Naenae College/ Dunlop Catering and Training
- Rex Morgan / Head Chef & Partner Boulcott Street Bistro
Wellington students meet up with Rex Morgan of Boulcott Street Bistro
Read more about a career in one of the county’s fastest growing service sectors here.