Important: Changes to Moderation, Consent to Assess, programme endorsement, and qualifications development
Reform of Vocational Education (RoVE) changes –
From 4 October 2021, responsibility for qualifications development, pre- and post-moderation, consent to assess, and programme endorsement has moved from ServiceIQ to the new Ringa Hora – Services Workforce Development Council (WDC).
As part of the government’s Reform of Vocational Education, the WDC is now the vocational education standard setting body for employers, schools, and tertiary education organisations (TEOs) using service sector unit standards. It has taken over developing, reviewing, and moderating standards and qualifications, and helping education organisations with consent to assess and programme endorsement processes.
Both ServiceIQ and the WDC are working closely together to ensure a seamless service to you. This includes the transfer of some of the ServiceIQ people working in qualifications development, moderation, consent to assess, and programme endorsement.
What is NOT changing –
ServiceIQ will continue to work with employers, schools and TEOs:
- We will still arrange on-job training programmes for workplaces in the service sectors.
- We will continue to support and moderate industry assessors.
- Our learning and assessment resources for employers, schools, and providers will remain up-to-date and available for purchase from our Shop or supplied as part of a workplace training programme.
- We will continue to work with schools to offer our valuable and popular Gateway programmes and Cultural Camps.
- We will still be facilitating mutually beneficial contacts between employers and educators.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our Customer Experience Team on 0800 863 693 or intel@ServiceIQ.org.nz