ServiceIQ and Go with Tourism are running nationwide competitions throughout the school year for Tourism and Hospitality students.
Term 1 Prize winners have been announced but entries will still be accepted for the Hospitality Grand Prize or the Tourism Grand Prize.
The competitions have been designed to support and align with the current Tourism and Hospitality curriculum, are free to enter, and submissions may align wholly or as part of related Unit Standard assessment requirements.
Tourism and Hospitality competitions will be run in each of Terms 1, 2 and 3 (six in all), with winners for each Term announced shortly after each closing date. Each competition entry will be judged using a 0–10 points system which will be outlined in each competition brief.
The Hospitality competition is limited to students of Tourism and Hospitality subjects; whereas the Tourism competition is open to any Year 12 or 13 students who have an interest in pursuing this industry as a career.
– Term 1 Challenges –
Imagine that you work in a café or for a caterer and you have been asked to produce three different items for one menu category.
- Your manager says that the ingredients can't cost more than $5 per item ($15 in total).
- Category choices are: sandwiches, bite-size canapés or cupcakes.
What you need to submit:
- Photos of the three finished products.
- Video OR written submission giving us a brief description of what you created, and a list of all ingredients used. Each dish in your range must not cost more than $5.
Please note: Consideration of dietary requirements and food trends need to be clearly identified and discussed in your video or written submission.
Through photography, we want you to show us your region, tell us how to get there and share what you think the best thing to do while we’re there is!
What you need to submit:
One photo that showcases your favourite thing to do in your region or what you would recommend visitors do.
Video OR written submission telling us who you are, where you are, how we can get there and why this is your favourite thing to do or why you would recommend it to visitors.
– The Details –
Term Competitions' Prizes
- 1st Prize $500
- 2nd Prize $250
- 3rd Prize $100 + Spot Prizes to be won
The Tourism Grand Prize and Hospitality Grand Prize each consists of a fully funded trip within New Zealand, no longer than three days, inclusive of transport, accommodation, activities and food.
Term 1 Challenges
- Entries open: 15 Mar – 3 May 2021
- Term 1 Prize winners have been announced but entries will still be accepted for the Hospitality Grand Prize or the Tourism Grand Prize.
- Points: Up to 10 points
- Photo: 0–4 points
- Video or Written submission: 0–6 points
- Parent or Guardian permission will be required. Chaperones will be provided by Go with Tourism and ServiceIQ.
- You must enter all three Term Competitions to be eligible to win one of the Grand Prizes.
- Announced 13 September 2021.
There are prizes up for grabs each term for you too. The more of your students that enter, the more chances there are for you to win a $100 Prezzy Card. Also, if one of your students becomes a Finalist for the Grand Prize, you will have the chance to join us on the trip and get some great PD in for the year!
How to enter
All competition entries must be submitted no later than 11:59pm on the closing date each term.
- Photo submissions: Please ensure that file size does not exceed 2MB. You will be required to attach these to your entry submission form.
- Video submissions: 1 minute or less. The Youtube link to your video submission will be required when submitting your entry.
- Written submissions: 300–500 word count. You will be required to attach this as a pdf file to your entry submission form.
What the judges will be looking for
- Photo submission.
- Written OR Video submission.
- Expression of theme.
- Personal connection.
- Visitor appeal.
- Accurate area information.
- WOW! factor.
- Level of detail.
- Photos and written submissions can be combined.
- Terms and conditions for entry must be read before final submission.
- Winners will be contacted directly via email.
If you have any questions and queries, please get in touch with email@example.com